January 30, 2010

Warning... Don't lock your knees

Do not stand on a slope with a cracked tailbone, and lock your knees. You will find yourself down on that slope. 


This happened to me at my great aunts funeral just two weeks ago. It is very difficult to stand on a hill with a cracked tailbone. I began to feel hot, then I became light headed almost instantly. I leaned on my dad and told him I was going to pass out. Then I did just that. 


Lucky for me a doctor and paramedic were there, and their medical instincts kicked in immediately. I was fine after ten minutes, although it seemed much longer than just ten minutes.


My cousin told me a few days later that my aunt would pass out at all major family events. She chose me to be the one to pass out at her funeral. I am honored to be the chosen one.


RIP Aunt Edna.


AZ

No comments: