January 22, 2010

Crack Kills...

...and I don't mean the drug, which obviously can kill you. I am talking about a crack in your bone. I went sledding on January 2nd of this year. I landed hard on the sled and snow after we hit a small bump. I knew the minute we hit that I had hurt myself. I could hardly walk back up the steps to get to my husband who slowly walked me back to the truck. 

Long story short, I cracked my tailbone. The hospital and my doctor said not to come in because they couldn't do anything for me. I sat on my donut, and put a snow filled ziplock bag on my bum(which by the way I would recommend to everyone who has an injury). 

Now three weeks later I am still sitting on a U pillow, and I'm still in pain. Did you know you use your tailbone for everything? Walking, sitting, leaning, bending, and just about everything in between. I've learned to squat as if I have a back brace on. It is difficult to say the least.

I will admit that I still laugh at the situation. I have absolutely no reason to be upset, and I had a great time until that moment. I can't say that I will ever sled again, but I'll watch.

Take care out there, and sled, shred, & have fun.

AZ

No comments: