April 29, 2010

Meal for Thought

Two Eurostar trains waiting in Waterloo Intern...Image via Wikipedia
Earlier this month my husband and I were fortunate enough to take the Eurostar (Train) from Paris to London. This is no ordinary train ride. You travel through the English Channel to the beautiful countryside of England. I only wish the tunnel through the channel was clear like you were at the shark encounter at Sea World.


On the ride we were served rather nice meals. My husband and I had already selected the vegetarian meal. We were offered wine, beer or soft drinks along with a warm wash cloth to clean our hands. The meals came and we were very impressed with our delicious mushroom and cheese tortellini. Sides were to perfect as well as the dessert. Now the others on the train had their choice of beef or chicken. The family across from us chose beef. Well needless to say my food looked far better than what ever they were eating. 


I'm not putting down the selection that was offered, but always think that a vegetarian meal may be a great choice. 


I will always remember the Eurostar as it took me to one of my (now) favorite places. 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: